And then there was the time I remembered I have a blog

Posted: September 10th, 2010 | Author: | Filed under: Uncategorized | Tags: , , | 7 Comments »

Yeah, I know.

But look, all I can tell you is that things have been pretty crazy around these parts, and unfortunately that has meant the ol’ Post here had to fall to the wayside. I’m hoping that won’t continue to be the case, but things might take a while to ramp back up to full speed – thanks in advance for your patience (and cookies – I love cookies).

Now then – old business!

OK, there isn’t actually a whole lot of old business, but just before falling off the map I had announced the latest pick for the Great Caesar’s Movie Club and that still stands. If you didn’t get around to it the first time, we’ll still be watching and reviewing A Boy and His Dog, starring a young Don Johnson and his psychic dog Blood. It promises to be big fun, so get to it! (And if you already did when I first announced it, I hope you’ll send it along). Let’s call the deadline … ooooh, let me consult my Mayan calendar here … huh, 2012, eh? … OK, let’s say Deadline: Sept. 27!

New Business!

Sigh. You caught me – there isn’t much new business, either. I haven’t even been able to read many comics lately, so I have a lot of catching up to do. I did manage to pick up a copy of Phonogram Vol. 1 for three bucks, so that was exciting.

I also saw Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World and loved it so much that I went out and saw it again. And I’ll probably see it again this weekend. Obviously I dig the movie, in spite of my serious misgivings about Michael Cera in the lead. Luckily, I found Scott Pilgrim to be pitch-perfect, and if you didn’t like it you have no soul.

Now that we’ve gotten THAT out of the way, thanks again for your patience and I hope you’ll stick around. Really.

And never forget:

Loading Facebook Comments ...

7 Comments on “And then there was the time I remembered I have a blog”

1. 1 Eric Pendley said at 5:58 pm on September 11th, 2010:

Good to read your voice again! Sorry it has been so nutty butty out there. I actually feel sacrilegious because I liked SPVW more than the graphic novels (mangas? wtf are they?).

Sorry it took so long to get to reading an commenting on this, but things here, too, are a bit nutty butty right now.

“You can’t have no in your heart!”

“Life’s a garden, dig it!”

2. 2 Dom said at 11:32 pm on September 18th, 2010:

I also loved Scott Pilgrim. I saw it twice, as well, and liked it even more the second time. Great music, effects and new content not in the actual books (the battle with the twins, Nega Scott and the stuntmen fight, specifically). Good to have you back Max.

3. 3 Malinda said at 2:23 am on January 7th, 2016:

No more s***. All posts of this qutlaiy from now on

4. 4 said at 5:44 am on March 29th, 2016:

That’s the smart thinking we could all benefit from.

5. 5 said at 5:13 pm on April 28th, 2016:

it was studying Dr Watson’s remarks ” in full”.andAnti-racism campaigners called for Dr Watson’s remarks to be looked at in the context of racial hatred laws. A spokesman for the 1990 Trust, a black human rights group, said: “It is astonishing that a man of such distinction should make comments that seem to perpetuate racism in this way. It amounts to fuelling bigotry and we would like it to be looked at for grounds of legal complaint.”So, yes, it would appear that the UK government can prosecute people for comments like Dr. Watson made.

6. 6 said at 5:45 pm on May 14th, 2016:

that helped feed the student population.  She had just helped orchestrate a very successful Harvest Banquet and had a large cache of green tomatoes gathered on the eve of an early frost in the house she

7. 7 said at 4:16 am on May 26th, 2016:

You find the coolest stuff. 🙂 I am trying to be better about remembering shopping bags. However most of the time it's a toss up to remember the kids or the bags. Kids win. 😉 I might be interested in doing a shopping bag swap. I really haven't looked for them over here though. Hmmm.