Hey, it’s a new post! Also, it’s #Writetober!

Posted: October 6th, 2016 | Author: | Filed under: Uncategorized | Tags: | 19 Comments »

October is my favorite month of the year. Not only is it when the weather seems to shake off the oppressive heat of summer in exchange for the bite of fall, its also happens to be when I got married and, of course, the Halloween season. And if fall is my favorite season, Halloween is by far my favorite holiday.

The last couple of years, its been hard for me to get into the Halloween spirit. But thanks to Delilah S. Dawson (pointed out to me by Ken Lowery), I’m feeling a little like my old boney self again. Delilah has started what she calls #Writetober, a kind of companion/response to #Inktober, but instead of encouraging artists to draw something every day, she’s releasing writing prompts and encouraging writers to come up with flash fiction on Twitter that will fit in five tweets.

I’ve obviously coming late to this party, and I doubt I’ll be able to participate every day, but it sounds like fun and I’m going to do my best to join in (flabby as these particular writing muscles are). In that spirit, here’s something I wrote that doesn’t follow any of the prompts so far, but was inspired by one anyway. Close enough, right? And don’t worry, the story is shorter than this intro.

•••

It awoke with a start. A sudden awareness where there had been nothing.

Fingers. On its skin.

Exploring, tracing skin more like hide, tanned and taut. Then hands, dragging it out from its cupboard, a hole in a wall identical to dozens of others edging into darkness. It had been untouched for what seemed like forever. It resisted the temptation to open its eyes.

A grunt was testament to its dead weight. It felt itself lifted, almost dragged, to thump and lay flat on a long, wooden table. Electricity ran through it as a finger mapped its crooked, tortured spine. Sinew and connective tissue flooded with forgotten blood. It sighed.

A hand reached between its dry and yielding folds, splitting it open, groping at what was hidden inside. Musty air flowed over uncovered creases.

Then a voice, human and otherworldly, reads its fleshy, tattooed pages.

“Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn …!”

Loading Facebook Comments ...

19 Comments on “Hey, it’s a new post! Also, it’s #Writetober!”

1. 1 leon-nuh said at 12:25 pm on November 26th, 2017:

Enter comment here.

2. 2 myrnazk1 said at 9:03 am on November 19th, 2018:

Enter comment here.

3. 3 lessieyn11 said at 1:54 am on November 20th, 2018:

Enter comment here.

4. 4 JordanPlozy said at 11:11 pm on January 14th, 2019:

nevermind

5. 5 eesawalt said at 3:16 am on February 14th, 2019:

Thanks for visiting,
    I’m Noah.
    If you’ve ever been overscheduled and couldn’t finish a research assignment , then you’ve come to the right place. I help students in all areas of the writing technique. I can also write the assignment from start to finish.
    My career as a professional writer started during my school years . After learning that I was very talented in the field of academic writing, I decided to take it up as a career .

Skilled Academic Writer- Noah- Myessaypartner Company

6. 6 gretabrock said at 3:34 am on May 7th, 2019:

Hello, my name is Greta!

I`m a professional writer and I`m going to change your lifes onсe and for all
    Writing has been my passion for a long time and now I cannot imagine my life without it.
    Most of my works were sold throughout Canada, USA, Old England and even Russia. Also I`m working with services that help people to save their nerves.
    People ask me “Mr, Greta, I need your professional help” and I always accept the request, `cause I know, that only I can solve all their problems!

Professional Academic Writer – Greta Brock – Thescientistexpo Team

7. 7 beverlypier said at 7:07 am on May 20th, 2019:

My name is Beverly. And I am a professional Content writer with many years of experience in writing.

My interest is to solve problems related to writing. And I have been doing it for many years. I have been with several associations as a volunteer and have assisted people in many ways.
    My love for writing has no end. It is like the air we breathe, something I cherish with all my being. I am a full-time writer who started at an early age.
    I’m happy that I`ve already sold several copies of my books in different countries like USA, Russia and others too numerous to mention.
    I also work in an organization that provides assistance to many students from different parts of the world. Clients always come to me because I work no matter how hard their projects are. I help them to save money, because I feel happy when people come to me for professional help.

Academic Writer – Beverly – Sergreport Band

8. 8 NickAcile said at 1:53 am on May 25th, 2019:

Enter comment here.

9. 9 sabrinar said at 5:55 am on July 2nd, 2019:

My name is Sabrina Russell. And I am a professional academic writer with many years of experience in writing.

My goal is to solve problems related to writing. And I have been doing it for many years. I have been with several organizations as a volunteer and have assisted clients in many ways.
    My love for writing has no end. It is like the air we breathe, something I cherish with all my being. I am a passionate writer who started at an early age.
    I’m happy that I`ve already sold several copies of my books in different countries like England and others too numerous to mention.
    I also work in an organization that provides assistance to many people from different parts of the world. People always come to me because I work no matter how hard their projects are. I help them to save money, because I feel fulfilled when people come to me for professional help.

Academic Writer – Sabrina Russell – Check this Corp

10. 10 jenniek said at 12:27 am on July 29th, 2019:

Hi guys, my name is Lynsey Velasquez!

I`m an academic writer and I`m going to change your lifes onсe and for all
    Most of my books were sold throughout Canada, USA, China and even Russia. Also I`m working with services that help people to save their nerves.
    People ask me “Please, Lynsey Velasquez, I need your professional help” and I always accept the request, `cause I know, that only I can solve all their problems!

Academic Writer – Lynsey Velasquez – Anotherviewpublishing Corps

11. 11 ArielAcile said at 12:43 am on September 26th, 2019:

Enter comment here.

12. 12 lenalawr said at 5:19 am on October 2nd, 2019:

Hey guys, my name is Lena Lawrence!

I`m a professional writer and I`m going to change your lifes onсe and for all
    Writing has been my passion for a long time and now I can`t imagine my life without it.
    People ask me “Please, Lena, I need your professional help” and I always accept the request, `cause I know, that only I can save their time!

Academic Writer – Lena Lawrence – Speech writing services can help in personal branding Confederation

13. 13 joannab said at 5:42 am on October 10th, 2019:

Welcome Everyone
    Thanks for checking out my writing blog . My name is Joanna.
    I have worked since high school in this niche. My interest in writing started at a young age. I wrote poetry as a child and eventually went on to work with my school newspaper.
    This early tryst into journalism eventually led me to academic writing. There is plenty of work for skilled writers. I specialize in research papers , but have the skills to do all types of academic writing.
    Contact me for more information about rates and a price quote. I’m looking forward to helping you.

Academic Writer – Joanna Bird – https://www.screenwritermag.com/ – Screenwritermag Band

14. 14 mcmillan said at 6:54 am on October 10th, 2019:

Hello guys, my name is Colleen!

I`m a professional writer and I`m going to change your lifes onсe and for all
    Writing has been my passion since early years and now I can`t imagine my life without it.
    Most of my works were sold throughout Canada, USA, Old England and even Australia. Also I`m working with services that help people to save their nerves.
    People ask me “Please, Colleen, I need your professional help” and I always accept the request, `cause I know, that only I can solve all their problems!

Professional Writer – Colleen McMillan – //sncollegevarkalaalumni.com/]Sncollegevarkalaalumni Team

15. 15 katrinamer said at 5:52 am on October 16th, 2019:

Welcome Everyone
    Thanks for checking out my about page. My name is Katrina Merrill.
    I have worked since high school in this niche. My passion for writing started at a young age. I wrote poetry as a child and eventually went on to work with my school newspaper.
    This early tryst into reporting eventually led me to academic writing. There is plenty of work for skilled writers. I specialize in essays, but have the skills to do all types of academic writing.
    Email me for more information about rates and a price quote. I’m looking forward to helping you.

Academic Writer – Katrina Merrill – Soundgardenkinganimal Team

16. 16 paulinahop said at 2:02 am on October 21st, 2019:

Hi and welcome to my blog . I’m Paulina Hopper.
    I have always dreamed of being a writer but never dreamed I’d make a career of it. In college, though, I aided a fellow student who needed help. She could not stop complimenting me . Word got around and someone asked me for writing help just a week later. This time they would pay me for my work.
    During the summer, I started doing academic writing for students at the local college. It helped me have fun that summer and even funded some of my college tuition. Today, I still offer my research paper writing to students.

Writing Specialist – Paulina – Tutoronwheelsef Company

17. 17 emmet said at 2:40 am on November 5th, 2019:

Hello, I am Emmett Frame a professional in report writing.

I enjoy solving people’s problems and make them happy. That is what I have been doing for decades now.
    I have been writing since I was 12 years old and never knew it would turn out to be a full-time career. I have also been able to manage several projects that involves writing. And I worked in three organizations as a volunteer to assist people.My passion has always been to help people succeed. And I go the extra mile to make that happen.
    I enjoy writing Thesis and have helped people from countries like Canada.
    I work with a service provider whose mission is to provide quality works and make people happy. In fact, many students come to me for help on a daily basis because they know I always deliver. And I will continue to provide nothing but the best to build trust like I have been doing for the past few years.

Expert writer – Emmett Frame – //www.sodobusinessassociation.org/]SodobusinessassociationCompany

18. 18 beverle said at 8:39 am on November 8th, 2019:

Hi Everybody
    Thanks for checking out my writing website . My name is Beverley.
    I have worked a long time in this niche. My interest in writing started at a young age. I wrote journaled as a child and eventually went on to work with my school newspaper.
    This early tryst into journalism eventually led me to academic writing. There is plenty of work for professional writers. I specialize in research papers , but have the skills to do all types of academic writing.
    Reach out for more information about rates and a price quote. I’m looking forward to helping you.

Academic Writer – Beverley – //www.greenadviser.org/]GreenadviserCompany

19. 19 gordonp said at 10:40 am on November 13th, 2019:

Hi guys, it’s Gordon here!
    I work as a professional an essay writer and have created this content with the intent of changing your life for the better. I started honing my writing skills in college. I learned that my fellow students needed writing help—and they were willing to pay for it. The money was enough to help pay my tuition for my first semester of college.
    Ever since school, I have continued to work as an academic writer. I was hired by a writing company based in the United Kingdom. Since then, the essays that I have written have been sold around Europe and the United States.
    In my line of work, I have become used to hearing, “Gordon, can you help me meet my writing assignment deadline?” I know that I can provide this service.

Academic Writer – Gordon Parra – Lefestivalducourt Corps